Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Finally I get a challenge.

Well its about the third week of school now, and finally my prof has released our first assignment for User interfaces... I have been so excited to take this class, and really wanting an assignment to provide a bit of a challenge... So I read the assignment and its funny because this course is designed to teach us how to make good USER INTERFACES... The complexity of a problem doesn't really have anything to do with this course... So my assignment is

"make a program that takes three marks as input and output the GPA"

Sounds really easy code wise.. But now its time to get creative, design a program that is visually attractive to a user, that provides extra functionalities that a user may wish that would be relevant to the main purpose of this assignment...

As well in my Astronomy Class I have a "Sun spots" assignment... But thanks to the stupid weather I can't really do that.. Stupid clouds why do you have to get in my way.. Maybe next week.

Finally i am getting some work to keep me busy with..

5 comments:

SusanE said...

Like the sunspot idea, we finally have some sun up here. (And colder temperatures)

Your assignments sounds so simple that it also sounds totally hard.

How do you make something so simple interesting, attractive, unique. Have fun! (Can you show it to me when you are finished?)

Fiddling Granny said...

The good news is that the sun is coming out Sunday and will linger for a few days .... well ... according to klast night's weather report.

Reading your posts makes me miss school ... oh, wait a minute ... ummm ... no it doesn't.

Hugs, Wendy

SusanE said...

I'd comment more, if you wrote more often.

Homee Dad's View of Life said...

# 1 Son

Homee dad has read your delima with much interest, it appears the answer although simple may also be so complex. Just why do the clouds get in our way - Life itself would be much clearer if not for the fluffy atmospheric interferrence which often we must contend with. WAIT I have a suggestion - as is often the case Homee dad is the receiver of visions , idea's or perhaps just irrational thoughts from origins unknown. It has been my experience that once darkness falls upon us the clouds retreat to vast caverns hidden in the never ending sky. We know not where these caverns are for if we did then they would no longer be hidden! Hold on I was steering towards another tangent, reboot!!!! - OK back on track, my point is look for these sun spots once the darkness has overtaken the world as you see it. Oh! my son I know your mind before you do, you are surely asking yourself " self, how is it that Homee dad has managed to trap all the answers to life in one small yet all seeing mass of grey matter " Well # 1 son you may relish in the thought that one day you too may take up these special gifts - they know doubt are in your jeans - hold on - I think I mean the other genes. So much of Life's mysteries to answer yet so little time.
I applaud your efforts #1 son, as the great book says " work towards the meaning - if it eludes you it isn't " Wow that is extreamly deep - I must shut down to ponder what it is that I have said!

You may share these thoughts with the teachers of knowledge - it may give them valuable insight as to your make up - remember even the great carpener bent a nail once or twice.

Homee OUT

Homee Dad's View of Life said...

Apparently your father has forgotten to take the blue pills this morning. Or perhaps it was to many pink pills. I will have to be more carefull with his medication in the future. Personally, when trying to find sun spots, if you just look directly into the light, you'll see spots every time. Have fun.
Susan E Cain