Well over the past four years I have been busy chasing a dream. A dream that I would hope to come true. Facing many obstacles along the way, some I have overcome and some seem to get the best of me. Yet I still somehow make it through them. Not sure if its just luck that has brough me this far, but whatever it is, seems like it is running out.
I am starting to wonder if I made the right choice. Fully knowing that everyone that will read this may say "YES", I still doubt it. Looking at where I am after four years of study, it seems that I could be in much better standing if I would have chosen a different path. Sure I could go on thinking what if I did this, or what if I did that. The thing that I am sure of is that where I am now tends to beat a person down. It just doesn't seem fair for me to be put in this situation, but I chose it. I did not imagine that I would be in this situation 4 years ago.
Now I am sure that you are all trying to figure out what I am talking about. But I am purposely being extremely unclear. The reason for this is because as you all know I tend to keep my problems to myself and don't like to bring others into them. But also I feel like I need to write something because this is bringing me down alot lately. So what do I plan on doing. Well I hope that things will change a lil, and I hope to gain control of my situation, but I don't really control that. So I will continue on this path a lil longer, but if things don't change then I am seriously gonna have to change what I am doing.
Well I don't care what you guys comment to this post, but feel free to write what you want. Any words that you think will help won't, but go ahead and add your two cents.
9 comments:
Sometimes we don't get to do exactly what we want right away, but eventually we look back and can see that everything did work out correctly regardless.
Hey Buddy: your absolutely right, we cannot control the forces of life, they just come.Do me a favour, take a look on your side and tell me what you see - remember what we talked about and what it ( on your side ) stands for. Unsure of what life has in store you but look for it cause its always there.
Totally Proud
Homee Dad
Wow, Stephanie, I'm totally impressed, you're one very smart girl. Listen to her Thomas, she has lots to say and it's worth listening to.
Well as expected the point of why I was writing that blog was hidden well... :D well thats good :D... As for your comments i read them then though well duh I know that.. Try again and you may figure out the true meaning LMAO
Okay, so you're going to become a chef afterall.
Thomas,
Seriously, you are messed in the head!!!! You know me, older sister, i'm not all about the sappy comments and mushy feelings. So I guess all I have to say is....keep writing, keep breathing, keep eating and KEEP DRINKING. In the end you always get an answer.
Love yah
Meg
Wow meg.. you have just struck new meaning to life.. LMAO... lets all drink beer.. :D
lOL i love readin everyone ones comments... So not even close the how I was feeling... lOL
OK Tom - I'll try to say something a little different than everyone else. You like math and you're good at it, so software design makes sense. At the same time, software design is a crowded field, so you have to find a way to distinguish yourself. One way is to be particularly good, yet there are many good software designers. The other way is to sepcialize in a growing field that is not yet fully recognized. Several years ago, before you went to university, I advised you to look at biootechnology, as a growing but much less crowded field (and thus with more and better opportunities). So I'll say it a little differently this time. Software design is a big part of biotechnology. So look at doing software design within the field of biotechnology - or some other growing but unrecognized field of specialization - that will get you an early mover advantage. Don't follow the crowd.
(In Canada, resource development, exploration, mining and geology are another field that will be growing over the next 20 years - so that is another example of a field that will be much bigger in future than it is now. Look at software applications within geology, mineral exploration and development, and you'll also be looking forward to ever-growing opportunities. Do what you have to do to position yourself in a field that won't be vulnerable to the usual economic upturns and downturns. Also bear in mind that it's usually harder for new grads to get jobs in a soft market, and that part is just life, and you will eventually move past it one way or another, so long as you keep moving.)
Post a Comment