Yeah I am so excited... Its that special day of the year that I really can't stand... Hmmm what exactly is Valentine's day? Whenever I am faced with a question that I do not know the answer too, I look to the man that knows all.... GOOGLE."Valentine Day: a day for the exchange of tokens of affection"
"Valentine's Day falls on February 14, and is the traditional day on which lovers in certain cultures let each other know about their love, commonly by sending Valentine's cards, which are often anonymous. The history of Valentine's day can be traced back to an obscure Catholic Church feast day, said to be in honor of Saint Valentine, are discussed below.
The day's associations with romantic love arrived after the High Middle Ages, during which the concept of romantic love was formulated. "

Well these were my results that I got when i googled it... Hmmm... After reading them both I am thinking, These two definition/explanation make it would like no one professes there love any other day... If thats the case we don't exchange tokens of affection any other days then I blame divorce on Saint Valentine.... OH wait Saint Valentine is a Saint to the Catholic Church so can we blame the church for divorce... HMMMM i choose yes.. That would be fun and I am sure I will get some interesting remarks when I say that the church causes divorce LOL.

To me Valentine's day probably was formed by some wife that was mistreated. She married some dick head who never did anything nice for her. So she decided to make this one day that if he did not do anything at all then he would be cut off for some time. Thanks to this "bitch" every guy has to put up with this stupid day even if we are guys that tell our wife/wives(not sure on your beliefs)/ girl friend how we feel... We guys can be the most appreciative guys in the world but we mess up on this one "STUPID" day and we are considered some jerk.... SO now what will I do on this "SPECIAL" day... HMMMM ... I choose NOTHING.
Everyone is invited, i will make diner for anyone that comes, and there most likely will be drinking, and movies that will not have any bit of love in them....
If you are a guy that is reading this then I encourage you to do NOTHING for the person you care about.. If they get angry at you just tell them Valentine's day causes divorce. If they still get mad just say when the hell is my special day..... If you are a women reading this then I encourage you to SHUT THE HELL UP about Valentine's day... You most likely are with someone that does appreciate you every day of the year..
7 comments:
Dear Thomas - for starters quit swearing at women its not polite, second I like Valentines day because I like presents, and I deserve them. After all I live with Homee Dad! Third where does it say that Valentines Day is for women only, Homee Dad gets presents
You know how Homee dad feels about presents, do you want me to tell him that he doesnt get presents. Suck it up and enjoy the day DAMB IT
The stepmonster
Hey buddy - as you can see Sue got the first reply to your Valentines Day comments. In the name of world peace and as not to affect the chance of me getting a present - I will not comment further. ( Read between the lines )
Homee Dad
I think Valentines Day in it's purest essence is okay. BUT I have a huge problem when anything becomes a marketing gimmic designed to make Hallmark, Flower Shops & Chocolate Manufacturers lots of money.
My idea of Valentines Day. Do something nice for each other that doesn't cost a cent.
yeah but even then... why do you need Valentines day to do somehting nice.???
I see it as a major cause of relationship problems. People females mainly, expect something and why, because the calander says, I think just being with the one you love is enough???
But he better get me flowers (LOL)
OH my God, only my family would have a million answers to why "Valentines Day". Personally I have to agree with Tom. Valentines Day was invented for vendors to make $$$ and no other reason. Really girls...think about this...what means more...receiving a crappy hallmark card and ugly roses (because your man got to the florist late and thats all that was left), or coming home one day to find dinner made for you and a really fresh bouquet of lillies waiting for you???? Personally I appreciate a gesture, any guesture when i don't expect it. BAN VALENTINES DAY!!!!!
I agree that Valentine's is a day that is mainly for vendors.call the flower store and ask them how much 12 roses are today, do it again in 2 weeks time, you will see what i am talking about.
To me you shouldn't need a day on the calendar to tell you that you should appreciate your loved one and show them. This should be a daily thing and shouldn't cost anything. Plus being told to be romantic (which is what valentine's does) is lame. To me "unexpected romantic" is the best.
Think about it. nothing shows you how much your man/woman loves you, than a mass produced card that thousands of other woman/man are getting. Now that is romantic... yeah right
Post a Comment