Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Second Week of work

Hi Everyone, so I've started my second week doing the Landscaping job. It's pretty sweet I must say. It's easy and also a workout, I like it. I'm not going to say I love it because I don't think it's something I would take on in the future. Don't get me wrong though, I am enjoying myself. It has been a good experience (so far) and it's something different so that's what I was looking for.

So as for summer jobs right now, I have the gym which is called Mississauga Valleys Community Centre. Yes, it is with the city and is a community centre, so I get paid more than normal staff that work for a commercial gym doing floor staff. I choose to do municipal instead of commercial or corporate because I didn't want to be concentrated on doing SALES, I want to actually help people. So the gym I'm at is majority of old people, and I love it. They have got to be the funniest, nicest people. So I'm there on Mondays from 7am-11am. It's a short shift, but Atleast I have my foot in the door with the city.

Then I'm doing the landscaping company which is Tuesdays-Fridays and that company is called Clintar Landscaping, it's a franchise. Last week (being my first week) we started at 7:30 and finished around 2:00, 2:30, 3:00, 3:30. I think it was a different time everyday lol. Today and tomorrow we are starting at 6:30am so we'll probably finish around 2:00, 2:30pm. It's a pretty chill job, but it can also be hard work at times. The site I was at today I was whipping around in a golf cart, it was fun.

Two other girls that I work with sometimes were at another site today and they were chased by a GOOSE. The Goose chased them a good distance. If I was there watching I would have been laughing. Those things are crazy. They have nests EVERWHERE, it's unbelieveable. AND they are CRAZY viscious when guarding the female.

As for Mr. Thomas, he's just been up to work. I know he blew things up last week or something with one of the other guys. He said it was fun. Every Tuesday he has been going to the movies with Corpral Hamilton ( I think that's his name), which is in Medicine Hat (ummm spelling?). So tonight they are going on another date hehe (Thomas is going to hate me for saying that, but I had to). I learned some military lingo today. Thomas told me that they call the wives the "Niners" . Apparently when they talk on the walkie talkie things the man in charge is called the "Niner" soooooo I guess according to men the wives "THINK" they know "EVERYTHING'' and are INCHARGE so that is why they call us the Niners. HA they're one to talk.

COUNT DOWN:THERE'S 9 MORE DAYS, WWOOOO!

4 comments:

SusanE said...

Our neighbours used to have a domestic goose called "Lucy". When the kids got near the house they had to run up to the front stairs to escape her. It was the same if I drove over to pick them up "run for your life".

Enjoy the job and the geese.

Give Thomas a hug from me when you see him.

Cherylinn said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new landscaping job. Nothing beat working outdoors, just think how nicey tanned you will be. I'm not a bif fan of geese ever since that one chased me on my bike.

Stephanie, Matt, Kaden and Ireland said...

glad to hear all is going well.. we were hoping to get down there and get a hotel for the weekend before we leave for kenora to visit you guys but not sure it will happen, i know you guys are goign to niagra and with meg due and all.. but when we get back i want to come visit you guys..

Fiddling Granny said...

Get Cyclin' Granny to growl at the geese. She has real success with chasing away wildlife. LOL