Thursday, March 01, 2007

Not a fun night... Worst feeling ever....

So yeah last night was a real experience that I never want to go through again. Started off like a normal night. Watch some TV, talk to Megan for a while, get ready for bed then finally sleep. I'm not feeling too well, I'm losing my voice. At about 1:45am I wake up to and hear the fire alarm going off. Now for those who have ever lived in an apartment building this happens all the time. You hear it probably once a week. So I try to just ignore it and go back to sleep. But something is different about this one. Could it be the fact that I can't get back to sleep, or could it be the fact that the body was starting to shack slightly. So finally i hear sirens and alot of them. I get out of bed open my bedroom door, and instantly smell ALOT of smoke. Knock on my roommates door, wake them up, and we all decide to get out of the building. Outside there are alot of people waiting, but not the amount you would figure if the building was on fire... Some people hear an annoucement that the fire was on a certain floor and people were told to stay in there apartments. While I'm outside I counted 14 fire trucks, like 5 cop cars, 2 ambulances, and 1 news station. Finally after things are dealt with. Its now 3am. We are told things are safe and we may return to our beds. Everyone still wondering exactly where this fire took place... We walk up the stairs, get to the 4th floor and realize that the apartment 2 doors away from our is scorched.... We see a few firefighters, ask them if all is well, and they assure us we will be fine now.

So back to bed, couldn't fall asleep for a while. Not a fun feeling waking up like that in the middle of the night. So yeah thats my story.

6 comments:

Stephanie, Matt, Kaden and Ireland said...

Holy crap

SusanE said...

Wow, that must have been scary and totally unnerving.

It is a reminder to change the batteries on smoke detectors. I always change mine on the day Nichole died.

Fiddling Granny said...

I'm glad you paid attention to your intuition this time.

Nasty way to spend a night ... easy lesson compared to some.

Anonymous said...

holy shit ..glad your ok

Homee Dad's View of Life said...

Hey bud: not a bad night of entertainment - gives you a really good story to tell your kids!!! Glad you are fine!

Homee dad

Cherylinn said...

OMG...Thomas that is horrible. Glad you went and checked it out.