Friday, November 09, 2007

Survived 5 Days

Well I'm back from the field now. The 5 days that we spent there weren't that bad, other then constantly being cold. The mornings I would wake up and my gear would all be frozen and frost over everything. I would wear between 3 - 5 layers of clothing each day. The mornings were the worst part of my days. One night it rained all night, made for one miserable night. The days were fun, we'd do roughly 5 - 6 attacks each day. The terrain was miserable imagine a field full of heavy thick bushes, and more tanks track ruts then one could imagine. Running over this terrain was fun. Sure enought my ankles and knees are rather hurting right now. But whatever doesn't kill me will only make me stronger.

I came back last night and spent most of the day today cleaning all the mud off of it. 5 loads of laundry and crubbing alot of things and most of it is finally done. Well the best part is on thur we get to go to the field to get all dirty again. This time going for 9 days, should be alright.

Well thats all for now.. I'll catch up more later.

5 comments:

Stephanie, Matt, Kaden and Ireland said...

Sound like fun :S yeah right!!!!

Well i will think of you when i am all snuggled up in my warm bed at night :) heehee

Have fun

Cherylinn said...

I agree wtih Stephanie....sounds like fun and I'm being serious.

SusanE said...

I think it sounds like fun for a day or two or three. I'm not sure how much I'd like getting up everyday cold. It would be okay if there was a fire to wake up to.

But I think it would be bearable so long I didn't have to cook my meals too.

Fiddling Granny said...

I'm sure that when compared to doing all the same stuff, but add the "for real" element (foreign country, enemies wanting to kill you), it probably is fun.

Homee Dad's View of Life said...

hey buddy: you are my hero, you are like a reality show only nobody votes you off in the end. Did you tell them Homee Dad was your Dad?

Glad to hear you had so much fun, as for sleep its over rated, keep up the good work.

Very proud
Homee Dad